CCS 4 inch pads are perfectly sized for spot correction and polishing!
There’s no need to polish the entire vehicle for just a few isolated scratches. CCS Spot Buffs 4 inch Foam Pads
work with your polisher or electric drill to polish and correct small areas of paint. CCS Technology allows the pads to move with greater ease over the surface and the closed cell pockets reduce product waste.CCS stands for Collapsed Cell Structure.
The face of a CCS pad is covered in strategically placed pockets. These pockets are locations where the foam cells have been closed. Polish does not absorb into these closed cell pockets, leaving more product on the pad's surface and on the paint. This polish-saving design gives polishes a longer working time, which results in more successful detailing.
CCS pads offer all these benefits:
SLOW RATE OF POLISH ABSORPTION
- Enhances polish performance.
IMPROVES OPERATOR CONTROL
- CCS pockets gradually release polish as needed by the operator.
PREVENTS PAD SKIPPING
- CCS pockets reduce surface tension allowing operator to run pad flat on working surface.
CREATES LESS HEAT
- CCS pockets reduce surface contact resulting in less friction generated heat.
- OEM tests confirm CCS pads out-perform convoluted pad designs.
CCS Spot Buffs 4 inch Foam Pads are ideal for touch-ups!
If you have a small scratch or etching, use the orange pad and a swirl remover to quickly remove the blemish. Since swirl removers do contain abrasives, you’re sparing the rest of the paint unnecessary abrasion by only addressing problem areas. When caring for your vehicle, the least aggressive approach is always best.
Each CCS Spot Buff 4 Inch Pad has hook and loop fasteners to attach to an appropriate backing plate.
To use CCS Spot Buffs 4 inch Pads on a drill, you will need the 2 ¾ inch Rotary Backing Plate and the Spot Buffs Drill Adapter.
To use the CCS Spot Buffs 4 inch Pads on a rotary polisher, you only need the 2 ¾ inch Rotary Backing Plate.
To use the pads on a dual action polisher, you only need the 3.5 inch DA Flexible Backing Plate.
CCS Spot Buffs 4 inch Pads are available in the following varieties:CCS Yellow Cutting Foam 4” Pad
- Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches. It is the most aggressive and should only be used on oxidized and older finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange or white pad and a fine polish to refine the paint until it is smooth.CCS Orange Light Cutting Foam 4" Pad
- This is an excellent, high density foam with light cutting power. It works well for applying microfine compounds and smoothing scratches and swirls.CCS White Polishing Foam 4" Pad
- This pad features high absorption foam for the application of waxes, polishes and sealants. This pad has very little cutting power and works well for application purposes. It’s made of soft, porous foam so it’s gentle on your paint. They’re also perfect for polishing metal wheels, bumpers, and mirror covers.CCS Green Polishing/Finishing Foam 4” Pad
- Use the green foam to apply one-step cleaner waxes. It is a balance of polishing and finishing that is perfect for all-in-one product application.CCS Gray Finishing Foam 4" Pad
- Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls, but it is gentle enough to buff your vehicle to an attractive luster. Use with machine glaze or finishing polish.CCS Blue All Purpose Foam 4” Pad
– This is a multi-purpose pad used for applying glazes, polishes, and waxes. It’s made of closed-cell foam that will distribute a thin, even layer. The foam has no cut and is dense enough to spread paste waxes.Red 6.5 inch UltraSoft Wax/Sealant Foam Pad
– The soft, red foam is ideal for applying the final coat of wax or sealant. The foam works especially well when applying liquid waxes or sealants because it is firm enough to keep the majority of the product on the paint, rather than soaking it up. The red foam has no cut or cleaning ability.
To clean pads by hand use Detailer's Pro Series Polishing Pad Rejuvenator
. Mix one scoopful of this citrus cleaner with 3-4 gallons of water. Allow the pads to soak for up to 15 minutes. Agitate them using a nylon brush. When the pads appear clean, rinse them in clean water and allow them to air dry.